Version 10.0.442 Released.
This update contains some magnificent performance improvements, that make Wavebox feel much snappier! We've also got lots of new features and improvements from right across the board.
👍 Follow @waveboxio for insider tips and updates!
- Add an alert state to apps and groups to show which are audible, muted, screensharing etc
- Add mute/unmute to the app/tab menus
- Improve the active indicator when apps are placed in the sidebar
- Add search to settings
- Add option to hide or show the bookmarks bar in the main Wavebox window (available under settings. This is still experimental)
- Wavebox mini now remembers the last tab that was open
- Add option to move app into its own group
- Add an option to always show the tabstrip
🔧 Updates & improvements
- Update to Chromium 88.0.4324.192
- Update dependencies
- Speed up double click vs single click detection on apps
- Make Wavebox connect theme aware
- Various UI tweaks
Performance improvements! 🚀🚀🚀
- Serialize sleeping tabs to disk for faster tab restore
- Use our new store heuristics to pre-predict changes and dump those that have no effects early in the pipeline
- There's a case where switching between some Slack teams would cause a large CPU spike and in some cases a short hang. We added a fix that should vastly reduce CPU usage when doing this.
- In some places we emit multiple store updates together, causing some usless UI repainting in the process. We now batch these automagically into a single update and crucially a single repaint which means faster performance.
- Some of the integrated apps would share large blobs with multiple frames in the app. This data was never used in any of those frames, so move into a dedicated background sync store and free up some CPU and memory for all!
- Fix a potential leak in the tab manager that was causing CPU spikes when switching tabs
- The cookie profile was being lost in new tabs, when new tab extensions are installed (e.g. start.me). Carry the cookie profile through.
- In some instances, tabs might not load until they're entered. Hopefully a fix we applied will make them load when they're supposed to
- When sleeping/unsleeping tabs they'd incorrectly animate. Fix this
- Wavebox connect fixes & improvements
- Fix double clicking on apps wrongly reloading when the window is out of focus
- Fix widevine on Apple Silicon devices not working
- When adding weblink apps to a shared team they'd lose their name and icon. Hold on tighter and carry these through
- Fix a crash on the dashboard when it loads before the background thread is 100% ready
- Tweaks to the app/group tooltips
- Fix connect call notifications routing to the wrong tab
- Fix case where some conflicting notification sounds would play