Version 10.0.542 Released.
- ⏳ Incrementally load Wavebox code as it's needed, using our new just-in-time pipeline. This reduces the evaluation time and memory usage on startup by 20%(ish) percent. Then depending how Wavebox is used, additional chunks are loaded as needed. So if there's a feature you just don't use, you'll never need to load it in. If you do use it, then it's loaded seamlessly in the background without you even noticing!
- 🏎️ Wavebox uses lots of different code components in the app, but within those they use a shared library. We spent some time optimising these, stripping out bits that we didn't need, and rewriting others to be more performant. We managed to reduce some of the code components by over 50%, which means less overhead in lots of parts of the app and now pages and tabs should now load a little bit more quickly.
It's not all about performance, here's what else made it into this release:
- We now officially support the Arch User Repository as a new install method!
- Fixed duplicate tabs in new window messing up the window focus on Windows.
- Fixed a hard crash when profiles are enabled.
- Fixed being unable to remove a profile.
- Various UI fixes.
There's already new stuff in the Beta channel, so why not join us there to be the first to try things out: https://wavebox.io/download/beta